Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crazy Friday...

It was the prototypical Friday around here until about bedtime... That's when it got weird.

Austin woke up at about 11:00 last night, screaming like he was dying... I rush in there from my room, where I was reading my book, getting ready to pass out...

After a few babbled "Mama's", I picked him up, and cuddled him for a few, thinking he'd lay right back down...

Oh lord no, I was WRONG!

I spent a good hour trying to put him back to bed. Everytime, he'd pop right back up and start screaming. It finally dawned on me that he might not like how his room was looking... All Matt's stuffed animals are back, and he's got some big ones...

So, I carried him back to my room, the only room in the house that looks like it's supposed to right now... Put him down on my side of the bed,popped on Roswell in the DVD player... (I figured if I was going to be up with him, I might as well watch something I enjoyed!) then cuddled up to him, and sang him his lullabye, Guess what, it worked! He passed right back out!

So, I now have a baby sound asleep on my side of the bed, Josh was getting ready to go to bed, and I didn't want to move Austin and take the chance on him waking up.

Went and discussed it with Josh - The final say was up to me on whether or not to move him... So, I offered to sleep on the couch, and Josh told me that he'd rather he did... He didn't want to take a chance on knocking Austin off the waterbed. (Yes, he's done that to me before!)

So - I got Josh's stuff off the bed, then went back to my room to sleep with a different man, on the wrong side of the bed!!!

All that didn't matter when I got woke up this morning at 7:30 by a little man patting my face and saying Mama. When I opened my eyes, he gave me a kiss. I could get used to waking up like that! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Internet is back on for a few minutes...quite the lightening show right now...

..sending cyber squishes to Mr. Austin for being too friggin' cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww - those are the moments that make being Mama worth while! (((HUGS)))

Mojo said...

so sweet, makes up for the rough night. Are the big animals out of there now?
Have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

Hi honey...sneaking by to say hi....awwww, that is sooo sweet too! Boss is here so I can't do this...oops! Hugs honey, seeyou later at the garden!!!

{{NIKKI}}

BlueRose said...

Awww - those days I always had to sleep the the kids. Hubie never wanted the kids with us in bed. Now he lets the dog on our bed at nights. Now figure that one out!!

Those days are so special when they wake ya up with a smile and a kiss.

They grow up fast so enjoy every second ya can K.

Anonymous said...

5 more days and 13 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO